Saturday, July 24, 2010

My original thoughts on Real Life and Virtual Simulation

If humans at level 1 can create a virtual world(level 2) which is as real as and indistinguishable from Level 1, How can the Humans at level 1 say that they are not part of virtual world that has been created by someone in Level 0 ?

A rough description or an instance of my notion reflecting the above statement

I had this notion originally occurring to me and growing in my brain, though a bit fuzzy, since my adolescence. But i see that the idea already has different manifestations running through some fellow human brains already. When i heard about Bostrom's trichotomy i was shocked to see the similarity of his notions to thoughts of mine, but also at the same time felt elated that i had in essence the same idea that occurred to a scientist/philosopher, originally occurring to me. The same interesting thing, i observed, is the common conceptual thread that runs across movies like Matrix, Thirteenth floor, Inception. Who would believe me anyway, I am just an other Mathematics lover from India, currently after money.

No comments: